A Few Good Blogs: Our Go To Small Business Blogs KikScore Likes Part 1November 10th, 2009 | Online & Small Business Resources,Small Business,Small Business Tips,Social Media | 3 Comments »
There are blogs now for nearly everything under the sun. That translates to a lot of noise out there. So how do small businesses try to figure out which resources they should use online to stay up to date on trends and to get rock solid guidance from experts? The best way is through word of mouth and also getting recommendations from other small businesses. So here is our list of some really good blogs that we at KikScore read:
1) Startup Nation – If you have a startup or a small business, this blog not only has great tips and resources but it also has a great list of contributors that blog about marketing, customer service, financing and all sorts of other items. The founders even host a great weekly podcast. The site is essentially a portal of all things small business.
2) SmallBizTrends – The owner of this site Anita Campbell is a small business expert and she also has an impressive line up of contributors to her blog. Another reason I really like her (selfish, I know!) is because her business and network of small business sites like BizSugar are based right outside of my hometown in beautiful Akron, Ohio. Anita also hosts an assortment of webinars on marketing, financing, social media and other small business focused topics. She plain knows small business!
3) SmallBizTechnology – So this site is a must review for the content but also for its owner Ramon Ray. Before I had met Ramon, I had heard a lot of great things about him being a hugely energentic, small business evangalist. Unlike others, Ramon is one guy who lives up to the hype and much more! Ramon’s energy, passion and knowledge of all things small business translates into this blog. For a quick example of Ramon’s energy, here is a session he was a part of at the GrownSmartBiz Conference that occurred in Washington DC in late Septmeber this year. His remarks start about half way in to this session. Check it out (the whole session is worth a review!) and add this blog to your RSS feed. Its worth it.
4) GetElastic - If you sell anything online, this blog is a must. When you are wondering about what is the latest tool or strategy you should use for your website, what you should do to optimize keyword terms or the latest trend for merchants during the holiday season check out GetElastic. Merchants that sell online can really use this blog to help with day to day business issues.
5) WomenGrowBusiness – This is a unqiue blog that is run by recently named DC Tech Titan. Jill Foster has assembled an all-start cast of small business female entrepreneurs that regularly contribute fabulous content on management, HR, financing, ecommerce, consulting, startups, communication and marketing, among many other items. I also have met Jill and she is another huge small business evangalist. She is also a fellow Dupont Circle neighbor! Jill literally has CEOs and other entrepreneurs beating down her door to contribute to the WomenGrowBusiness blog.
Do you have a go to blog? Let us know which one it is.