Posts Tagged ‘Social Media’
I had the opportunity to interview Carlo Trotta from Moooh!! and he had a lot of interesting things to say in the interview below.
1. Tell us about your business and who you focus on serving?
Moooh!! is the first social luxury commerce website. We design, handcraft and sell custom made jewelry, apparels, shoes, fashion accessories, ethnic home decor, gifts idea. At moment we sell only jewelry and few accessories, but in the next months we will add many other products. Almost all the products sold on Moooh!! are proudly Made in China. I don’t understand why many luxury brands producing in China, often don’t disclose to their customers the origin place of their products. Moooh!! serve a wide target of customers, people who loves beautiful things, made with good material, good quality manufacturing , elegant, fashionable, unique. Everything sold at very competitive price.
2. How did you get started selling online?
I started to sell on Ebay. Being power seller on different accounts and then I left because of the increasing Ebay commission fees, harassment policy for the sellers and low seller protection given by Paypal.
3. What inspires you to grow your business?
Give to people the possibility to access to beautiful and fashionable quality items at very competitive prices. I want to create a community of shoppers and small businesses through Reward Programs, Promotions, Sweepstakes, Affiliate Programs and other strategic initiatives that we will take during the year.
4. If you had 2 lessons learned from your business that you could pass on to others about selling online, what are those?
Total dedication to the customers. You must create and offer what the customer is looking for, customize and personalize for your customers, then reward them for their purchases. Finally, invest your time more than money.
5. Where has your business focused most of its energy this year?
I will invest in inbound and online marketing. Also I will be really focusing on spread my social media presence so I can create a community of shoppers and small businesses around Moooh!!
6. What do you see as 2 new trends for small businesses and in your business?
I can “predict” a much deeper use of social media and blogging. It is almost a must these days! I’m also quite sure also that many small businesses will start to consider developing some type of mobile applications for their business. Mobile is really taking off and small businesses need to focus on what is their mobile strategy!
7. If your business/store could be any movie or movie character, what movie/movie character would it be and why?
Rocky. Starting from less than zero, exercise, learn, fight, fall down and stand up until the victory. I hope I can make my own movie.
8. If your business could have a dream spokesperson for your company who would it be and why?
Actually no one, but myself, my customers, my affiliates and small businesses than are around Moooh!! That’s very social and also my dream spokepersons!
9. What is the biggest challenge that your business faces as a small business and how do you work to overcome that challenge?
Raising money to develop and grow the business. I cannot see any other challenge considering that I live in China and there’s no better place than here to have a business and catch the huge opportunities that this wonderful country offers. That being said raising capital and having enough capital is the biggest challenge. That capital will make or break making small businesses in China that are serving the world market like me.
10. Do you have any parting thoughts for our readers and the small business community?
Concentrate your effort on your customers, make the product they need, make them love the product they buy and then they will purchase more from you and spread the word. Also relentlessly focus on reduce expenses, cut the unnecessary costs so you can invest your time and dedication to your business. But don’t forget also to dedicate time to your family and friends:) That will keep you truly happy.