Small Business Lessons from Alli Donofrio of Pre-Loved Consignment BoutiqueAugust 16th, 2010 | Interviews,KikScore & KikReport,Small Business,Small Business Tips | No Comments »
Today KikScore sits down with Alli Donofrio, the owner of the very cool boutique called Pre-Loved Consignment. Her store is a very unique type of boutique that offers a variety of quality merchandise ranging from casual to formal wear, to accessories, handbags and much more. Alli’s store is in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey, but she also sells online. In this interview, she gives the small business community (and all of the shoppers out there) some great tips on small business life.
1. Tell us about Pre-Loved Consignment and who you focus on serving?
Pre Loved Consignment is a unique boutique……. far from your average thrift shop! I focus on serving everyone. I think with today’s economy… budgeting your money and saving is most important! My store is focused on value & style.. what more could you ask for !
2. How did you get started selling online?
I just recently opened up my store online- I did my homework first before doing so- searching for the best website designers I could find (Palmtree Creative LLC). We get a good amount of customers in the store- but I think to widen the audience and viewers of our selection of awesome stuff – opening an online store was the greatest idea!
3. What inspires you to grow the Pre-Loved Consignment business?
Other successful stores and consignment boutiques – like my own.
4. If you had 2 lessons learned from your business that you could pass on to others about selling online, what are those?
Customer service is very important- Make sure you are there to help them at all times! Also make sure you use a secure website (such as PayPal)- people want to know they are using a secure site – which means they will come back to shop again.
5. Where will Pre-Loved Consignment focus most of its energy this year?
It will focus on what my customers want and will focus on finding new ideas on how to grow!
6. What do you see as new trends in for small business and in your business?
Consignment boutiques are flourishing every where. They are the hottest businesses to open up today. Id say Consignment alone is a new hot trend! And this article on NorthJersey.com actually discusses the tend!
7. If your business/store could be any movie or movie character, what movie/movie character would it be and why?
I think any young or old woman into fashion- and not afraid to wear pre-owned clothing , handbags and shoes. It does not necessarily mean you are poor or do not have enough to buy new. It just means you know how to shop smart and you know how to get more for your money!
9. What is the biggest challenge that Pre-Loved Consignment faces as a small business and how do you work to overcome that challenge?
The biggest challenge is trying to get our name out there more! Advertising can be pricey but its the most important thing to get involved with when opening up a Small business!
10. Do you have any parting thoughts for our readers and the small business community?
“Don’t Underestimate consignment you’ll be surprised by the treasures you can find !” “Buy More Pay Less!”
Let us know if you have any thoughts for Alli and Pre-Loved Consignment.