Some Recent Highlights of KikScore Making NewsJanuary 23rd, 2012 | KikScore & KikReport,News,Small Business | No Comments »
We just wanted to highlight a bit of the coverage we have received recently and send out a special thank you to those great folks that took the time to cover KikScore. As you all know we are a bootstrapped startup so we do not have any real budget for PR so all of our PR efforts are self-generated and the coverage has been really organic. In all honestly it has been pretty cool to see our efforts get recognized by some of the most respected sites in our industry. Now that I think of it, I will follow up with a blog post in the near future on how startups and small businesses can generate their own PR and increase their chances of being covered. I think there are some nice lessons learned and some tips from our own experience and I will be happy to pass that along to the community.
Here is some of the coverage:
1. How to Give Online Shoppers Confidence in Your Website at SmallBiz Trends. Special thanks to the always awesome and fabulous Anita Campbell for this fantastic piece that covered us.
2. Trust is Critical When You Date, Bungee Jump and Sell Online on Business Insider. We have to give a special thanks to the man who has endless energy, passion and drive for all things small business, Ramon Ray for this write up.
3. KikScore Named Best of 2011 SmallBizChat Interviews by the SmallBiz Lady. Melinda Emerson who moderates that super informative #SmallBizChat every Wednesday on Twitter from 8-9pm named KikScore as one of the top 10 chats of all of 2011 and put us in the same company as Anita, Guy Kawasaki, Tai Goodwin and Pierre Dubois who also made this prestigious list.
4. KikScore Online Trust Survey Finds Information Sharing Leads to More Trust at the fast growing startup blog TechCocktail. We have to send a special shout out to Frank Gruber, Jen Consolvo and Shashi B at DC-based TechCocktail for this great write up.
5. Launch Story: From Business Affairs & Legal Executive to Ecommerce CEO at one of our favorite sites Launch While Working. Thanks to the amazing Tai Goodwin for this write up and for all the support she has given KikScore. Please make sure you look out for her book that every person who works in Corporate America should buy and then read – The Employedpreneur Plan: How to Launch Your Business Without Quitting Your Day Job.
We hope to keep up this pace of having KikScore in the news, but for this go around we send out our incredible gratitude and thanks to the great bloggers and websites that covered KikScore over the last few weeks.