Isa Brito, owner of Isa's Restoratives shares her small business story with KikScoreFebruary 8th, 2010 | Interviews,Small Business | No Comments »
We discovered Isa Brito and her natural skin care line Isa’s Restoratives from a recent Shustir blog post. Isa is active in marketing her Hand Crafted Skin Care and Health Products on Shustir and on her own website. Thanks Isa for sharing your small business success story with KikScore!
1. Tell us about Isa’s Restoratives and who you focus on serving?
I have always been interested in natural food, in the 5 years I have been studying herbalism with a few great herbalists in the region. Much has changed in our lifestyle at home, from cooking techniques to making our own house cleaning products and of course skin care and herbal remedies. When my daughter who is now almost 14 started being interested in products, I started making them at home and soon her friends and mine wanted some too. I focus on serving the person interested in taking charge of their own health and knowing that their skin care products are pure and freshly made.
2. How did you get your started selling online?
I started selling online because as word of mouth spread I started receiving calls from friends of friends of friends that wanted to purchase creams and tinctures and I felt that it was time to have an online store to keep organized and give my customers a place to read about and see the products.
3. Where will Isa’s Restoratives focus most of its energy in 2010?
This year will be focused on advertising and finding stores selling like-minded products.
4. If you had 2 lessons learned from your business that you could pass on to others about selling online, what are those?
My business is very young, but I can already say that keeping organized is key. From the start, I sought advice on small business set up and I am very glad that won’t have to back paddled later. Also keeping an eye on costs.
5. As 2010 begins, what do you see as 2 new trends in your business this year?
The natural skin care and herbal remedies business is becoming very popular, I see it just growing. More people are becoming aware of the amount chemicals they put in and on their bodies, and are looking for more natural alternatives. A lot of people also appreciate a certain level of personal relationship, and I try to respond to everyone’s comments and questions.
6. If your business/store could be any movie or movie character, what movie/movie character would it be and why?
Maude from Harold and Maude. I love her free spirit, playfulness and idiosyncratic wisdom.
7. If Isa’s Restoratives could have a dream spokesperson for your company who would it be and why?
Christy Turlington comes to mind as a wholesome, strong woman.
8. How do the folks at Isa’s Restoratives let loose after a busy day working?
Time in the kitchen with as my daughter sits nearby and does her homework. This winter we are both doing knitting projects that we have never tried before. And we like playing chess.
9. Do you have any parting thoughts for our readers and the small business community?
It is a lot of hard work, but working for yourself it is so much fun!!