Posts Tagged ‘Startups’
A few years ago we were just a couple of entrepreneurs with an idea that we felt could solve a pressing issue for small businesses. No one really knew us and in many ways no one should have known us then since we were just starting out. Thus we had little to no street credibility.
There is a funny thing that happens as time passes (besides me longing for those care-free college days where the toughest decision was Burger King, KFC or pizza for dinner tonight?). As the clock ticks away you gain valuable experience and insight about life, growing a startup business, the team and people around you, the market, trends, dealing with your customers and partners and for us building a product that enables small businesses to show that they are trustworthy and credible. The experience translates into knowledge. Therefore we continually make it a priority for our team to share with the small business community the knowledge we have gained through ups and down, good times and challenges and those inevitable growing pains all businesses must endure. It is our way of helping the startups, small businesses and the greater community. That is frankly one of the reasons we interview our own customers so they can provide their knowledge to all of us.
So we just wanted to take the time to highlight some of our knowledge sharing we have recently done. This has been through blogs posts on some really great small business focused sites. We, at KikScore, were very excited to be invited to provide guest posts at two fabulous and prestigious SMB focused blogs. First is Ivana Taylor’s awesome DIY Marketers Blog. Ivana is such a force and inspiration for small businesses (though I have to ignore she is a Steelers fan! See earlier post on my feeling toward “those fans.”). We were truly honored to be invited to contribute to her fast growing blog. Ivana by the way has some great things launching for 2012 so please be on the look out for them. The second is the majorly popular and growing .CO Blog called Go.CO. Again being specifically recruited and asked to contribute to this fantastic blog has been an honor. So we keep working hard to contribute KikScore’s thought leadership on small businesses, operating a startup, setting, creating and managing strategy and also steps to effectively market your business.
Here are links to some of the posts if you would like to check them out:
1. Are you looking for ways to use videos in your startup or small business, if so check out 5 Types of Marketing Videos Every Small Business Should Use.
2. We each face the challenge of how do we build a brand with all of the “noise” out there, here are 4 Steps to Developing a Small Business Brand.
3. Wondering how to show website visitors you are trustworthy and credible check out The Online Trust Issue – Tips to Find the Right Trust Seal for Your Small Business.
4. As we get rolling into 2012, take a step back and review these 5 Steps to Make 2012 Your Best Year for Your Business By Learning From 2011.
5. If you are looking for a path to acquiring and maintaining loyal customers here are 6 Ways to Make Better Connections with Your Customers By Paying More Attention.
6. We are living in a LinkedIn world now so make sure you are taking advantage of every opportunity to use your connections with these Steps to Use Your Professional Network to Grow Your Business.
7. A lot of small businesses and startups just want to stick their heads in the weeds and get things done, but every business needs to take a look at these Business Strategy Tips for Small Business Owners.
8. As we all look inward at our own startups and small businesses and how we manage our teams, we can use these 5 Skills & Traits Every Entrepreneur Should Nurture for Success.
9. With everything that is on our plates for our respective businesses here are some important Steps on How to Cut Distractions & Focus More On Achieving Your Business Goals.
Well we have had quite an active few months blogging on these great small business sites. Many thanks to each of the sites for having us and we look forward to providing more guidance on a range of items in the future.