Posts Tagged ‘selling online’
KikScore likes to profile small businesses from around the world so that our readers can learn from other small businesses. In this post we interview Rick Shoop the owner of Oregon Seafood. Rick is a passionate small businessperson who has a wide range of interests and a number of small business endeavors in action right now. This interview came out of Kikscore coming across Oregon Seafoods on Twitter which within about 15 minutes led to a great 30 minute Sunday afternoon conversation.
1. Tell us about Oregon Seafood and who you focuses on serving? ~
Oregon Seafood is a retail seafood market in Hillsboro Oregon. We almost went out of business a few months ago. I had to do something. I turned to the internet to educate myself. I learned the real world is indeed in the toilet. See this video as an example of how the recession has impacted employment by county. As you can see the decline of our Nation. It is very scary. However, I also learned there are people making money online hand over fist. So I spent the next 3 months in study. I learned just how to locally target my market and as of today my Seafood Market is doing very well. To see just how I did this, I am creating a series of videos explaining the process. I have the first two drafts here for review. More to come. Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here.
2. Where will Oregon Seafood focus most of its energy in 2010?
Local marketing and adding global marketing type products to seel off the website.
3. If you had 2 lessons learned from your business that you could pass on to others about selling online, what are those?
Be willing to change. Always look at your business in a new way.
4. As 2009 closes, what do you see as 2 new trends in your business this year?
I think it’s a world wide trend. People are buying online more now than ever. We need to monitize this trend.
5. If your business/store could be any movie or movie character, what movie would it be and why?
Dare Devil. Instead of following most small business into the OUT OF BUSINESS trend. We Dared to change our antiquated methods and adapt to the future.
6. If you could buy a potential customer a drink, what drink would it be?
Cup of Coffee so we can be friends.
7. While having that drink with the potential customer, what would you like to talk about with them?
What makes them unique as a business and a person.
8. Do you have any parting thoughts?
Eat Healthy, Eat Seafood. Visit some of my other sites. I build WordPress Blogs and also am a Graphic Artist. Here are some of my other sites. I encourage everyone to please check them out.